Bohemian style often referred to, as “boho” is a style of fashion that was popularized during the 1960s and 1970s. The heart of bohemian is focusing on free and flowing intricate fabrics. Being from Virginia Beach, Virginia I am all about the flowing intricate designs. I love wearing beach style clothes! In fact, in Summer I live in bathing suits, shorts, and flip-flops!
Many female celebrities love to rock the bohemian style! Vanessa Hudgens starred in the series of movies known as High School Musical. In fact, when I was younger and watched this series I looked up to Vanessa Hudgens. She was my main fashion icon when I was younger. I loved the patterns and fabrics she would wear. Little did I know what her style was Bohemian!
If I could pick three words that describe bohemian style I would use are; inspirational, dreamy, and free.
Here are some tips to help you if you are interested in dressing with bohemian style:
• Layer your clothing
• Wear flowing pieces
• Focus on vintage clothing
• Wear natural fabrics
Here are some style tips for your hair and makeup to give you that beautiful bohemian style:
• Loose long waves
• Keep makeup very simple
• Use natural looking colors to give you that fresh look
• The bohemian style really focuses on one being with nature. So use a little bit of bronzer to give you that sun-kissed glow. Don’t overdo it, though, too much bronzer can become a disaster.
• Use a natural nude color for your lips.
Tips for accessories:
• Paint your nails. Although the bohemian style sticks to natural and neutral colors you can incorporate some metallic colors. Have fun with your nails!
• Wear jewelry! Rings, necklaces, and even bracelets are big when it comes to the bohemian style. In fact, turquoise is a great material utilized in making bohemian style jewelry.
• The bohemian style places emphasis on being good to our environment. Utilize jewelry that is handmade by artisans.
• Wear belts and hats to top off your outfit. Let’s say you are having a bad hair day; you can fix it by adding a hat or beanie, since the bohemian style loves layering!
The bohemian style will always be my favorite style. I love the laid back and natural feel. I am never the one to wear a lot of makeup so the natural look is for me all day!